Live wedding band for rockin' receptions
You don’t need a massive party band to have a rockin’ good reception.
There’s a fine art to creating a kickass wedding soundtrack that’ll keep your friends & fam entertained and raving “I loved it! Your wedding was SO YOU!” for years to come.
We specialise in music that’ll make your grandma boogie with your best man. Hand-picked songs performed with guts and oomph ranging from retro to rockabilly, alternative to americana. If it’s not on a standard wedding band playlist, it’s probably on ours.
Here's what you get with us:
We’re a real live wedding band. There be no backing tracks here, gar! We’re both singers and multi-instrumentalists. In one very portable two-person package, you get the equivalent of a 14-piece big band featuring:
- 1 x bearded old-hipster male wedding singer
- 1 x long-haired cowboy boot totin’ female wedding singer
- 2 x acoustic guitarists + ukulele + mandolin players
- She also plays standing drums / banjo / banjolele / melodica
- He also plays trumpet / harmonica
Also, we won’t dress like bogans and ruin all your wedding photos.
Reception Music Package
No two weddings are the same, we’ll tailor our sets to suit your event. It might look something like this:
- 1 – 2 sets of live chillaxed (and still fun) dinner music
- Great taste background music between sets with our pocket-sized dj ‘ipodius maximus’
- Live first dance song, twist competition, musical chairs or whatever rad thing you’d like to do here
- 2 – 3 sets of live party fun-times dancefloor music
- Use of our microphones & PA for dad’s hilarious speech
- A live end-o-the-night exit song to seal the deal
- Full PA hire, setup and packdown, sound engineering & sound checking that respects your venues db limits
Ceremony + Canapés + Reception Package
If you want, we can take care of all the live music for your wedding day.
Ceremonies, canapés & reception, or whatever series of events make up your special day.
'We Don't Care For Standard Packages' Package
Typical live wedding band options look like this:
- 1 hr ceremony
- 1 hr canapés
- 5 hr reception music package
90% of our wedding bookings don’t follow such strict a format. You might skip canapés and jump straight to partying, or you might do away with the whole formal reception thing. Don’t worry so much about the ‘packages’ you see, they’re just a guide. You can book us for 1 hour (say, if you want just live ceremony music), or 4 hours, or 11 hours. Let’s just chat and figure out what’s going to work best for you.
Hey folks. We're Fidel & Sarah.
Small weddings are our specialty. We’re a Kangaroo Island wedding band.
We’re older than we look (thanks). We’ve been rocking weddings for over 25 years with more than a few tricks up our banjo-totin’ sleeves.
We’re 100% cheese-free and independent. Not an agency band or random group of session musicians using the same band name. What you see is what you get. Just one bearded dude and one long-haired lady singing and playing all the songs to make you swoon.
“We all sung along to “I Fought the Law”… Everyone was crying and cheering. The enormity of that moment was incredible!”
MIDNIGHT SAME SEX WEDDING FEATURED ON MARIE CLARE
“Sarah’s voice was absolute perfection. I couldn’t have asked for more. It had the softness and the soul and the rawness I was hoping for, and it made the moment so so special for me and Russ”