Wedding Ceremony Musicians
ACOUSTIC WEDDING SINGERS FIDEL & SARAH
Live music kickstarts your party
The ceremony is the heart of your wedding day.
Live music kicks it off with a bang, saving your guests totes awks moments and setting the tone for good times.
The best part is, you can make it totally YOU.
Hola dudes & dudettes...
we’re Fidel & Sarah – wedding ceremony musicians specialising in non-cheesy acoustic tunes to make your wedding day cool bananas.
We’re available for wedding ceremonies on Kangaroo Island, in Adelaide, throughout South Australia and, Covid-permitting,
Ceremony songs that suit you
Our couples are alternative & retro music lovers who go nuts for artists like Ween, Nick Cave, The Black Keys, Korn, Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers, Yo La Tengo, Slipknot, The Cramps, PJ Harvey, Blondie, Gillian Welch, Nirvana & Chuck Berry.
You don’t have to pick smooshy love songs – we’ve had couples request everything from Creedence Clearwater Revivals’ doom & gloom Bad Moon Rising to the Ramones punk classic I Wanna Be Sedated.
Choosing the most personal and appropriate ceremony songs from your diverse music taste is an art we’ve perfected over the years (33 yrs of combined wedding music experience, to be exact.) #madskillz #totesolderthanwelook
Music to walk down the aisle to
You don’t have to walk down the aisle with dad.
Walk in together with your partner. Or walk in separate and have one entrance song each – like wrestlers!
Here’s some live ceremony music magic we’ve created for our couples:
- Clem & his groomsmen got to walk down the aisle to our live rendition of his all-time fav Queens Of The Stone Age song.
- Lauren & Mark danced their hearts out when they arrived at the altar to our live rendition of the rock’n’roll classic ‘Let’s Elope’.
- Live music enthusiasts Mick & Elise sauntered in together to our live rendition of Cash Savage’s ‘I’m In Love’ at their surprise wedding on a city rooftop.
- Mich & Mel giggled and twirled down the aisle with their walking wedding singers (yours truly) in tow, and we got their friends jumping in the aisle to dance with them.
Roller skates, sparklers, confetti bombs, flash mobs, high kicks and fist pumps – nothing is off limits for your wedding. Make it as original as you like!
“ These two are not just the best little musical duo on the planet…they’re so much more than that. They’re cute, witty, funny, honest, self confessed grumps but most of all they are my friends and come with 1000 things to love about them. They are my all time go to musicians. ”
Ceremony music inspiration
Our best advice for selecting your ceremony music? Don’t rely on some generic wedding songlist you found on the internet.
What works best is picking unique songs that represent who you are as individuals, as a couple, and how you want your wedding day to feel.
We help our couples find the absolute best songs for every moment. Here’s some examples:
- Thespians Nic & Nate had us guide them in singing ‘All I Want Is You’ from the move Juno for their ring exchange & vows.
- Folk lovers Amie & Nick eloped in the snow with us performing the song that mean the most to them – First Aid Kit’s ‘Emmylou’.
- Teegan & Mahatia had us lead their crowd in a rowdy singalong of ‘I Fought The Law (And I Won)’ as the clock turned midnight, legalising their same-sex wedding under the new marriage act.
You don’t have to stress about picking your ceremony songs. We’ll find them for you.
Let’s have a chat over drinks, leave the research to us, and we’ll find you perfectly matched love anthems that’ll melt your heart and blow your minds!
Go with the flow
One guideline that’s worth observing – slower songs are better suited to the processional (walk-in) than the recessional (walk-out).
You can have an upbeat song for both, for sure! But if you have a slow song to put somewhere, it’ll serve you better at the start than the end. For example:
- If you’re 80’s mad, you could have something like The Cure’s Friday I’m In Love performed for your processional, and David Bowie’s Modern Love performed as your upbeat recessional.
- Or if you’re a Johnny Cash fan, Ring Of Fire makes a sweet country wedding walk down the aisle and Folsom Prison Blues* as an epic walk-out.
- Retro Elvis fans could go Blue Moon for the walk-in and Burning Love for the energetic recessional.
When you chat with us, we’ll help you figure out the best spots for your favourite songs.
How we work
There are no rules to your ceremony – just 124 legal words that your celebrant will make happen. EVERYTHING else can be completely personalised. So let’s skip the boring stuff and go for fun!
First, you’ll send us an enquiry. Then we’ll get together for a catchup, perhaps over tea, wine or gin.
You’ll tell us your love story, and we’ll give you creative ideas to make your ceremony completely personal and totally entertaining for your guests.
You’ll hand over the hard work of song research, and we’ll get back to you with an awesome selection. We’ll take care of everything from there. All you have to do is turn up at your wedding for the most mind-blowing ceremony you’ve ever seen, and it’s yours! Woohoo!
Think you might wanna hire this band?